Thursday, May 07, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!!!









There's a saying that says, "Life is what happens while you are busy making plans." I'm not sure who said those words of wisdom but they were right in so many situations. Last week I was busy making all sorts of "plans" for what to do and where to take Madelyn in case I went into labor early. I was also very busy making sure that last minute things like finally getting curtains for the formal living room before the new baby was born. I think I wanted to have everything in the house "just perfect" before we had visitors and before I wasn't feeling like doing anything.
Well, Saturday was a full day of activity for our whole family, we went to brunch, shopping for curtains, cleaned out the cars, went to a birthday party and finished installing the new kitchen appliances. It was a day that kept us all busy even the baby!
Early Sunday morning, around 2:00 a.m. I started waking up and I would just go to the restroom and try to go back to sleep. I tried and failed doing that until about 3:00 a.m. when I decided to get in the shower. Once I got out of the shower my contractions were 4-6 minutes apart and I called my doctor on-call. She said that we needed to come on in and get it checked out. We took Madelyn to a neighbors house and arrived at the hospital around 4:20 a.m. Next thing I knew we were signing paperwork and I was walking back into the OR. At 6:42 a.m., Wilson Christopher Lueck joined our family, weighing in at 8 lbs. 12 oz. and measuring 20.5 inches.
We were both a little surprised to find out that our new baby was a boy, but we are so excited about our big- little man. So far his sister likes him and she calls him "her boy". When we came home from the hospital yesterday she said that she didn't like him to be at our house. I guess it was okay when he was at the baby hospital, but not the house. She is handling the changes very well but I'm not her favorite person right now, especially when Wilson is nursing.
Enjoy the pictures


3 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

He's a doll, Katie! That's funny that Madelyn doesn't like him at the house. She'll adjust...don't worry. :) Please call me if you need anything!

Unknown said...

It gets better, Katie!! Aliza thought she needed to be a baby for a while, but we eventually snapped her out of it. Now she loves "her hazel"! Congrats! he is so cute!!!

Jessi said...

That is crazy that your little guy came so unexpected and early. Sounds like you guys had a great day as a family of 3 for the last time and made it to the hospital just in time!

Hang in there guys!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker