Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter from Indiana












We didn't travel back to Missouri for Easter this year, that makes two years in a row with us NOT traveling. Last year we had a wedding in Austin, TX, the next weekend and it was the first time we left Madelyn overnight. She stayed with Grandma Debbie and PaPa, but still it was a huge step, we were away from her for at least 3 nights in a row. (Now that I'm almost a mother of two, this doesn't seem like such a big deal, but it did at the time) This year we didn't travel because, well, that's pretty easy-- I'm 35 weeks preggo and a 10 hour car ride doesn't sound very fun. I don't really like the 20-30 minute rides around town anymore. There are just too many pot holes from the winter weather!
Although we weren't with our extended families, our little family of three and almost four had a great Easter. We went to the Egg Hunt at church on Saturday and attended 10:00 a.m. Mass on Sunday. I think it took almost 25 minutes or more just to get the HUGE crowd through Communion. We felt blessed to have a seat that wasn't on the Altar this year. Last year we got to our church in Lincoln a little late and we had to sit right next to our Priest- Up on the altar!!! That was a mass I won't soon forget. Trying to keep a one-year-old happy in church can be hard enough, but when all eyes are on you up on the altar it's a whole different ball game. I was just glad that she ate her Cheerios and didn't scream.

My little sister should be pleased to hear that I made real mashed potatoes and ham and corn casserole. Nothing from a box. I even went so far as to make a pecan pie, unfortunately I have been the only one eating it! Our lunch was great and we had just the right amount of leftovers for a couple ham sandwiches this week.





No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker