Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello Mom's Day Out












These pictures are from this week, slip n' slide was last week!







Tomorrow we are going to our open house for Mom's Day Out!!! aka Madelyn's School. Starting on September 14th she will be going to Mom's Day Out on Mondays from 9-noon. I will drop her off in the morning, she'll play, have a snack and socialize until lunch and then I will go back and pick her up. Since she needs a back pack or a pack-pack as she would call it, she thinks that she will be riding the bus with the other big kids that get on the bus by our house every morning. She will be riding in Mommy's bus and I hope she doesn't throw a fit.

Having a couple hours to myself, or with just Wilson will help me get a few things done or just enjoy the baby while he is still a baby. Wilson needs some one-one-one time from Mommy and Madelyn needs to learn how to play well with others. I know the time will fly by and I probably won't accomplish any housework, but it is going to be a good thing for all of us. I think that having a "big kid" activity will help Madelyn feel important and maybe she won't be such stinker at home. Of course this could backfire and she will learn all sorts of naughty tricks at "school". Whatever happens, happens, it's hard to believe that she is ready to start testing her wings to leave the nest. I hope she isn't the bully of the class!

1 comment:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Yay for Mom's Day Out! I'm just sorry she's not in the Wednesday class with Ellis! :) She'll love it and will do so well. We'll see you at Meet The Teacher tonight!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker